[mythtv-users] Multiple tuner types with single Schedules Direct account

Marc drayson at net1plus.com
Wed Oct 10 04:51:36 UTC 2007

> This does not work for the NTSC channels.. The I deleted the channels
> that I cannot receive on the NTSC tuners using the same method as I
> did for the ATSC tuners.. However the next time mythfilldatabase is
> run the channels I deleted get added back. This some of my recordings
> on the high def channels attempt to record on the tuners that cannot
> receive those channels.

If not--if you're actually using only one SD lineup--you need
--remove-new-channels in mythfilldatabase arguments.  See the end of
http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-24.html#ss24.4 .  The 'F' (full) in
RTFM.  :)

Mike

I read the --help wrong for mythfilldatabase.
--remove-new-channels
   When using DataDirect, ask mythfilldatabase to
   remove new channels (those not in the database)
   from the DataDirect lineup.  These channels are
   removed from the lineup as if you had done so
   via the DataDirect website's Lineup Wizard, but
   may be re-added manually and incorporated into
   MythTV by running mythfilldatabase without this
   option.  New channels are automatically removed
   for DVB and HDTV sources that use DataDirect.

I understood this as it would remove channels from the lineup on the schedules direct site. Now that I reread it, it makes more sense.
Thanks.