[mythtv-users] Hauppauge PVR-150 standard def tuner card: That was easy

Todd mythtv at vbref.org
Wed Oct 10 07:00:46 UTC 2007

Got my new PVR-150's today from new egg to replace my Norwood Micro
S800 (Conexant-based $30 compusa special).   Holy crap what a
difference in picture quality, and I was stunned at how simple the
upgrade was.

Literally: yank old card out, put 2 PVR-150's in, reboot, get into
mythbackend, delete my lousy old tuner card, add the new cards,
selecting PVR-xx0 right off the card type menu, then I associated the
listings source with em, and voila.   Shockingly easy.  And all my
scheduled stuff just lined up to use the additional card as needed.

Friggin brilliant.

And dare I say, with these in, the menus feel a lot more responsive.
Even though I have a one month old CPU (AMD A64 3500+),   don't let
anyone talk you out of hardware based decoders by god.  They do seem
to make the machine feel a lot zippier even for browsing the media
menus.

Thanks to those who steered me toward the PVR-150's!

Todd