[mythtv-users] Hauppauge PVR-150 standard def tuner card: That was easy

Royce Souther osgnuru at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 15:01:46 UTC 2007

I have an older version of MythTV that would not use my PVR-150. Can someone
tell me what version of MythTV added support for the ivtv chip set as used
in the Hauppauge PVR-150?

I yanked out my PVR-150 out and moved it to a different system just to
record shows and put an saa7134 in my MythTV so now I can watch any channel
I want and let my other system record shows. This works but I realy must
aggree with you Todd the picture and sound quality of the ivtv is much
better then the saa7134. That and the PVR-150 has a much nicer remote make
me want to buy another and some how get MythTV to use it.

I need to know what version of MythTV started supporting ivtv chip sets
because I want to dump the unstable Ubuntu and switch back to the reliable
KnoppMyth. KnoppMyth is a few versions behind the newest MythTV release.

On 10 Oct 2007 02:00:46 -0500, Todd <mythtv at vbref.org> wrote:

> Got my new PVR-150's today from new egg to replace my Norwood Micro
> S800 (Conexant-based $30 compusa special).   Holy crap what a
> difference in picture quality, and I was stunned at how simple the
> upgrade was.
>
> Literally: yank old card out, put 2 PVR-150's in, reboot, get into
> mythbackend, delete my lousy old tuner card, add the new cards,
> selecting PVR-xx0 right off the card type menu, then I associated the
> listings source with em, and voila.   Shockingly easy.  And all my
> scheduled stuff just lined up to use the additional card as needed.
>
> Friggin brilliant.
>

> And dare I say, with these in, the menus feel a lot more responsive.
> Even though I have a one month old CPU (AMD A64 3500+),   don't let
> anyone talk you out of hardware based decoders by god.  They do seem
> to make the machine feel a lot zippier even for browsing the media
> menus.
>

> Thanks to those who steered me toward the PVR-150's!
>

> Todd

Tiem [teem] (n)
  The group of losers that follow you around at work and take credit for
your brilliant ideas.