[mythtv-users] Hauppauge PVR-150 standard def tuner card: That was easy

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Oct 10 15:32:30 UTC 2007

Royce Souther wrote:
> Cool thanks.
>
> I don't rush to rebuild my system every time a change comes out unless
> there is a reason.

I tend to agree with you. I ran 0.19 for close to two years.

Most of us in the USA had to upgrade in order to use SD, and I have to
say I'm glad for the improved/added features, but I'm not sure I would
have taken down a working machine just to get them.

Microsoft has instilled in people the idea that you must always upgrade
to the current version. I suppose if you are making $$$ selling upgrades
this makes sense, but with Unix I'd upgrade only if the new version has
some feature you can't live without, or major bugs have been fixed.

If it works, leave it alone.

beww