[mythtv-users] Hauppauge PVR-150 standard def tuner card: That was easy

Daniel Arfsten darfsten at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 10 16:28:42 UTC 2007

Royce Souther wrote:
>I have an older version of MythTV that would not use my
PVR-150. Can
>someone tell me what version of MythTV added support for the
ivtv chip
>set as used in the Hauppauge PVR-150?
>
>I yanked out my PVR-150 out and moved it to a different system
just to
>record shows and put an saa7134 in my MythTV so now I can
watch any
>channel I want and let my other system record shows. This
works but I
>realy must aggree with you Todd the picture and sound quality
of the
>ivtv is much better then the saa7134. That and the PVR-150 has
a much
>nicer remote make me want to buy another and some how get
MythTV to use it.

>I need to know what version of MythTV started supporting ivtv
chip sets
>because I want to dump the unstable Ubuntu and switch back to
the
>reliable KnoppMyth. KnoppMyth is a few versions behind the
newest MythTV
>release.

The current KnoppMyth will support a PVR-150.

So will the versions going back at least 2 years.

beww

RE below:
Mythbuntu is an awesome distro and I am sure will surpass Knoppmyth as one
of the easiest mythtv automated setups ever. I am testing out Gutsy Gibbon
and Mythbuntu Control Center. So far, with a PVR-500, it has been a dream!

Not sure when PVR-150 support was added to IVTV but there is no longer a
need to install IVTV with Feisty and on anymore (like with dapper or edgy).
It comes with the kernel I believe. ( i may be saying this wrong but all I
know is that you can install Feisty, install Mythtv 20.2 from the repo and
you're golden!