[mythtv-users] How to make people watch TV in real time

Pamela J. Ashworth (thunderbird) pashworth at mindspring.com
Wed Oct 10 19:33:31 UTC 2007

Jay R. Ashworth wrote:

> This makes, inadvertantly, a very good point about broadcast television
> in the naughties.
>
> If a network is really motivated to increase its overnight ratings for
> programs, then encouraging any communities which form around them
> (instead of discouraging them, as oh, say, Fox has been known to do;
> threatening lawsuits against fansites, etc) is the most productive
> thing they can do: it motivates people to want to watch in real time so
> they don't have to avoid {spoilers on their} mailing lists.

I once watched some shows so I could read Alan Sepinwall's blog the next
day...
and, oddly, I was thinking that live TV is only good for natural (and
unnatural) disasters, right before I read your post (email, whatever)

apparently some shows had live blogs from the producers, writers,
whoever this fall. ooops...  (you miss that, skipping the breaks)

--
Pam from Boston
http://www.bakulanews.com