[mythtv-users] LVM volume size <> Total space available

Ryan Steffes rbsteffes at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 21:27:11 UTC 2007

On 10/10/07, Ryan Steffes <rbsteffes at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/10/07, Craig Fry <craigfry at gmail.com> wrote:

> > it
> > > >

> > > One possible explanation is that your 1.13 TB is actually 9256.96 Gb
> > > and then you've got the default 5% reserved for root.  Since the math
> > > works out, 9256.96 * .95 = 8794.112, this is the answer I want to go
> > > with.
> > >
> > > Try:
> > >
> > > tune2fs -m 1 /dev/pathtodrive
> > >

> > You are a God among men.
> >

> I may need to put you in touch with my wife....
>
> Glad to help.

Just for completeness sake, I believe that 0 is also a valid
percentage to pass to tune2fs, to indicate no reserved blocks.  If
this system will never contain any system files, you can use that.
Not having any reserve blocks can lead to bad things when the system
is completely full if it has, for example, the /etc or /var portion on
there.  For just storage, it should be fine.

Ry