[mythtv-users] Nuvexport hogging tons of ram

Peter Schachte schachte at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Thu Oct 11 00:34:34 UTC 2007

James Fidell wrote:
>> Steve Peters - Priority Electronics wrote:
>>> When i run nuvexport (with transcode), another 75mb or so of ram gets used
>>> up. (Top then reports around 635-645mb used. Once the transcoding starts,
>>> there goes all the ram.
>
> I've found this happens when there's a "problem" with the original file
> I want to transcode.  In my case, I have a couple of areas where things
> break down -- I have recordings that start before a dvb-t channel begins
> transmitting and recordings where the start of the recording is in a
> different aspect ratio to the part of a transmission that I want to
> transcode.

Have you tried editing out the bad parts of the recording?

Whenever I use nuvexport on "bad" recordings (whenever my electric garage door
opener goes up, it scrambles 10 seconds or so of whatever is being recorded
(DVB-T), so I often get bad recordings), the whole recording following the bad
spot is out of sync on the transcoded file.  But if I just edit out the bad
spot, it's all OK.

The part I find mysterious is that if I use mythtranscode as normal to
transcode to MPEG-4 (ie, I just schedule the recording to be transcoded), the
resulting file doesn't have sync problems even if I don't edit out the
interference.

--
Peter Schachte              I worry that 10 or 15 years from now, [my child]
schachte at cs.mu.OZ.AU        will come to me and say 'Daddy, where were you