[mythtv-users] How to configure an Ira-3?

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 01:01:18 UTC 2007

I have purchased an Ira-3 in the hopes that I can configure it to
wake my FE by "wake-on-ring" where I couldn't get it to wake up
using the Microsoft MCE remote that attaches to the USB bus.

I admit to being stumped by what values I need to feed the IraConfig
program that is used to tell the module what IR command to respond
to by activating the "wake-on-ring" signal (RS-232 Ring Indicator).

IraConfig has fields for two IR codes that each show default values
of six pairs of double zeros: "00 00 00 00 00 00".

Anyone have an idea how I determine what value to put in?  Somehow,
I suspect that it's not as simple as looking in /etc/lircd.conf and getting
the value for the key I would press to turn the PC on, or is it?

Craig.