[mythtv-users] lircd.conf for Harmony 659

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 04:24:19 UTC 2007

On 10/10/07, Daniel Arfsten <darfsten at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Is attached.  The problem, which for me is a huge problem
> (mapping
> around the play key "sucks") is that the play key kills irrecord
> or
> throws out an error (depending on how I try to manipulate the
> program
> to my will).  So, although the lircd.conf works, without a play
> button
> map, it's kind of worthless.
>
> And one other point:
>
> Some of the keys are duplicated.  For example, The exit key is
> the
> same as the stop key.  I've generated this from pretty much a
> generic
> irrecord setup with a USB-UIRT and the harmony 659 (flashed with
> the
> Knopmyth codes from the Harmony web config), so if anyone has
> any
> input on how I can get better code-to-key mappings, it would be
> much
> appreciated.  Also, if anyone has any ideas on what I can do to
> make
> the play button "work" that would be most excellent.
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Chad
>

> RE below:
>
> Just use your /home/username/.mythtv/lircrc and map the "Play" command to
> some other button that you know does work within irrecord. Like one of the
> ones that is duplicated. I know it's not the best solution, but it is a
> solution.
>
> Daniel

Thanks for the response!

Yeah, that's how I'm doing it, it's better than using a keyboard, but
just barely.  I've got about 15 different remotes around here, so if I
can't get it working any other way, I might just ditch it and use
another one (I've got all of them working except this one, and of
course, this one is one of the cooler ones).

Thanks,

-Chad