[mythtv-users] Nuvexport hogging tons of ram

James Fidell james at fidell.co.uk
Thu Oct 11 08:35:54 UTC 2007

Peter Schachte wrote:

> Have you tried editing out the bad parts of the recording?
>
> Whenever I use nuvexport on "bad" recordings (whenever my electric garage door
> opener goes up, it scrambles 10 seconds or so of whatever is being recorded
> (DVB-T), so I often get bad recordings), the whole recording following the bad
> spot is out of sync on the transcoded file.  But if I just edit out the bad
> spot, it's all OK.
>
> The part I find mysterious is that if I use mythtranscode as normal to
> transcode to MPEG-4 (ie, I just schedule the recording to be transcoded), the
> resulting file doesn't have sync problems even if I don't edit out the
> interference.

I have, though I've not experimented as much as I perhaps should.  AFAIR
it definitely doesn't help where the recording starts before the channel
begins transmission.

I think in my case the problem is at least partly due to the way
nuvexport and/or mythtranscode expects to be able to read data for
aspect ratio, resolution etc. from the recording right at the start and
if there is no data, or data incorrect for the part of the recording I
care about, it all goes horribly wrong.  If I could get the data from
the first cutpoint instead I'm sure that would help, but I haven't
worked out how to do that yet.

James