[mythtv-users] "Select Default Myth Backend Server"

Ma Begaj derliebegott at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 10:35:46 UTC 2007

2007/9/26, Ryan Steffes <rbsteffes at gmail.com>:
> On 9/26/07, Ma Begaj <derliebegott at gmail.com> wrote:
> > just use "mythfrontend -d", it just works.
> >
> > M.

> > >  From what I have read, it is only supposed to ask you this once.  My
> > > system keeps asking though even though ~/.mythtv/config.xml exists and
> > > has appropriate permissions.
> > >
> > > Here is the ticket with info on the autodiscovery:
> > > http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/3293
> > > SVN 14507 adds the ability to turn off backend autodiscovery with a -d
> > > option: http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/14507
> > >
> > > I haven't tried it yet, though.
> > >
> > > --
> > > David

> Aaah, is that what that is?
>
> For some reason I haven't looked into fully, I see NOTHING on this
> screen.  I run mythfrontend from an xterm window, some blue screen
> with nothing on it pops up behind the term window, and I have to click
> on the "desktop" and hit enter to continue.  I've been meaning to look
> into it but haven't gotten around to it.
>
> Ryan

Hi,

I just wanted to change my mythbox to use mythwelcome instead of
mythfrontend command. Same problem again:

if I start mythwelcome, it starts mythfrontend without -d option ...
and mythfrontend is unusable for me.

Is there a patch for mythwelcome also? I hoped that mythwelcome have
an option to pass params to mythfrontend, but it does not.

any ideas?

M.