[mythtv-users] strange question: using keyboard over ssh in mythtv

Greg Estabrooks greg at phaze.org
Thu Oct 11 11:09:19 UTC 2007

> Is there a way to do that?

 I have a little app someone on IRC gave me once which takes keystrokes and
feeds them to the frontend via the telnet interface. The end result is that
it's just like you were on a keyboard on the frontend.

http://www.phaze.org/mythtv/cmdline-mythremote.tgz

 Once compiled, and after you enable the frontend telnet controls (which requires you to restart the frontend to take effect) you can SSH in and issue "./remote localhost" and carry on from there :)

 It will also compile under windows so you could run it on a windows box over the network.