[mythtv-users] Bloated install?

Mike Dunn mdunn at digitalpersistence.net
Thu Oct 11 17:04:39 UTC 2007

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Gary Jones
  To: Discussion about mythtv
  Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2007 11:20 AM
  Subject: [mythtv-users] Bloated install?

  I'm testing a newer version of Myth on a 40 gig drive I had laying around. I got MythDora up and running and used the Add Programs thing to update to the newest version of Myth. I've got it up and running with Schedules Direct and everything, but I noticed that MythTV says I am using a 9.6 gig HD when I look at the system info (in the Frontend's interface). Did I do something to lose all that space, or is MythDora really that bloated? I would find that hard to believe. Do I need to do something differently when I do my real install on a larger disk?

On my MythDora installation, I have the following partitions:

$ df -h
Filesystem               Size      Used     Avail     Use%     Mounted on
/dev/sda2                 9.7G      3.1G      6.2G      34%     /
/dev/sda1                  99M       11M       84M      11%     /boot
tmpfs                     219M         0          219M       0%     /dev/shm
/dev/mapper/VolGroup00-Storage
                              221G       54G      168G      25%     /storage