[mythtv-users] OT: Raid Server troubleshooting

F Peeters (MythTV) francesco at fampeeters.com
Thu Oct 11 17:59:15 UTC 2007

On Thu, October 11, 2007 19:43, nasa01 at comcast.net wrote:

> From: "F Peeters (MythTV)" <francesco at fampeeters.com>
>> On Thu, October 11, 2007 19:08, nasa01 at comcast.net wrote:

Let me clarify:
If you chose to rebuild as a software RAID array, you will be able to use
ANY interface card to replace the current one, should it die, and it will
work!
If you stay with ATARAID and the current card dies, you will need to find
an identical card or lose all data...

Also note that ATARAID *is* software RAID, with the addition of a BIOS to
allow booting from the array... (nothing more, nothing less)

AFAIK it is NOT possible to go from ATARAID to MD without rebuilding the
array...

--
F Peeters
  PC-Chips M863G Geode - NVidia 440 - Hauppauge PVR250