[mythtv-users] Idea for possible workaround to stop bogus EDID data

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Oct 11 23:09:14 UTC 2007

On 10/11/2007 06:27 PM, Christopher David Petersen wrote:
> Does the -dpi command line option typically cause drivers to ignore
> the DisplaySize information provided in /etc/X11/xorg.conf ?

Yes.  The -dpi command-line argument takes precedence over all others.
DisplaySize is used next.  That is exactly why I think all distros that
use -dpi in the hidden/"not for users to change" scripts they use to
start X are broken--because they make it near impossible for an
unsuspecting user to set the DisplaySize/DPI.

Mike