[mythtv-users] How do I "clone" the HD on a FE?

Marc drayson at net1plus.com
Fri Oct 12 03:43:11 UTC 2007

On 10/11/07, Marc <drayson at net1plus.com> wrote:

Alternately you can follow this..

Create temporary mount points for the new drives partitions:
# mkdir /mnt/part1

Mount the new partition:
# mount /dev/Xda1 /mnt/part1

Migrate the data (the -x flag forces rsync to stay on the same source
partition when recursing through directories):
# rsync -avH --progress -x / /mnt/part1

If the system wasn't previously in single user mode, move to single user
mode and update the data that changed during the first copy:
(--delete flag tells rsync to delete files from the destination which do not
exist on the source):
# rsync -avH --delete --progress -x / /mnt/part1

Modified from documentation on how to migrate from a single disk config to a

RAID-1 config.

Marc

I have been searching for just such "documentation" (I want to migrate from
single disk to RAID-1) but haven't found it.  Can you please point me to it?

Many thanks-

Here you go

http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Migrate_To_RAID