[mythtv-users] mythweather-revamp setup

Joe Ripley vitaminjoe at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 04:47:34 UTC 2007

On 10/11/07, Matt <skd5aner at gmail.com> wrote:
> Joe - first off... thanks for sticking with me on this.  In all
> honesty, I don't really too much about mythweather other than it just
> kinda bugs me that I couldn't get it working.  So, a big thanks to you
> for walking through some of this with me...

No problem.  I know how little things like this can drive you nuts.
Glad I could help!

> Anyway, when I ran the command line I saw that I was missing one of
> the required perl libraries.  So, I did an "apt-get install
> libxml-simple-perl", reran it from the command line, and it came back
> succesful.  I haven't had a chance to run it from the frontend, but
> I'll try later tonight.  I'm imagining it will work.

Cool.. glad to hear its working!  I guess the configure script for
mythweather doesn't properly check for all of the perl dependencies.
I actually wrote a patch to fix this (its on trac somewhere).
Hopefully it will (or some variation of it) will be included in trunk
before the next release.

> What's weird is that some results were coming back prior to this, so
> it must have been a different system that it was searching.

The current SVN release of MythWeather has at least 3 different
grabbers... so you were probably getting results from one of the
others that didn't have the libxml-simple-perl dependency.

--
Joe Ripley
vitaminjoe at gmail.com