[mythtv-users] IR failed

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 07:24:46 UTC 2007

On 12/10/2007, Anil Gupte <anil-list at icinema.com> wrote:
> Anyway, now even that does not work.  So I compared the two systems and
> found that when I do
>
> ps ax | grep irc
>
> I get the following on the good system
> 2098 ?     s       0:19    [lirc_dev]
>
> 2233 ?     Ss     0:00    /usr/local/sbin/lircd
>
> 2235 ?     Ss     0:00    /usr/local/bin/lirexec -d
> /home/mythtv/.mythtv/lircrc
>
> but on the problem system I only get the first line.  So, I suppose that

Is the LIRC module loading for your Silverstone IR receiver? (check
lsmod) Have you upgraded your kernel recently and not reinstalled the
LIRC modules for the new kernel version?

> means for some reason the drivers are not loading.  Incidentally, I swapped
> the cards, the IR cord, the remote, and I also resintalled the system - same
> behavior on the problem system.

lircd can only successfully start if your LIRC modules are loaded and
lircd can connect to an existing LIRC device. Check to make sure you
have /dev/lirc0

You could also have failing IR hardware, but it's best to check the
software first.
--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: