[mythtv-users] Second pcHDTV card does not "open" or cannot be seen by MythTV

Marc drayson at net1plus.com
Fri Oct 12 10:37:49 UTC 2007

On 12/10/2007, MythTV <mythtv at assuredsolutions.com> wrote:

> My Capture Card Setup is:
> Card type: DVB DTV capture card (v3.x)
> For DVB Card Number 0, the Frontend ID is "DViCO v2 or Air2PC v3 or
> pcHDTV HD-5500" and Subtype is "ATSC".
> For DVB Card Number 1, the Frontend ID is "Could not open card #1"
> and Subtype is "No such file or directory".

If you say the permissions are OK, I'm guessing that the DVB devices
for the second card do not exist. Try

$ ls -l /dev/dvb/adapter*

to see whether you have two adapter directories present.

> My questions are:
> How do I know which card ID is the newest?  (I assume the
> instructions above are asking for the newest card ID.)

Card's are 'usually' numbered in the order they are detected by the
system, and 'usually' this means the higher the PCI slot # (i.e. the
further away from the video card the PCI slot is), the higher the card
ID.

> Subtype say "No such file or directory" but I don't remember creating
> a directory for the first card; is there a directory I'm suppose to
> create for the second pcHDTV card?

If it's due to the missing DVB directories I mentioned above, these
should be created automatically when the DVB module loads.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/