[mythtv-users] Mac OS X choppy playback at high display resolutions, such as 1080p

Todd Ignasiak todd.ignasiak at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 15:49:40 UTC 2007

On 10/11/07, Eric Robinson <ryunokokoro at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I applied that change to my 0.20.2 frontend, and my initial tests all
> > looked great.  The video was fine, and CPU overhead was relatively
> > low.
> > I will record some more 1080i programs this evening, and try to test
> > on a wide variety of programs (the previous patch worked on some
> > programs, but not others).
> >
> > I'll post my results here after doing more testing.
>
> Todd,
>
> Do you think you could try testing the Overscan settings?  Does
> translating the image or zooming in using those settings bring the
> problem back?

I continued testing with as much 1080i content as I have available,
and this change works well for all the video I have tried.   From what
I have seen, this looks like a needed change to the code.

Eric:  I tried it with overscan turned on, and the problem
re-appeared, and CPU usage went from ~65% to 95%+