[mythtv-users] sAGA cONTINUES

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Fri Oct 12 17:24:56 UTC 2007

On Oct 12, 2007, at 10:15 AM, chris at idlelion.net wrote:

> The combination of 2.53GHz P4 CPU and GeForce 6200 video card
> should be
> enough to play back HDTV, but it's not quite fast enough.
>
> I am using the nVidia proprietary driver, and my distribution is
> Fedora 7
> and the ATRpms MythTV package.
>
> XvMC seems to be installed and not working, even though 3D is. I've
> tried
> Standard XvMC and Via XvMC playback, and neither is quite fast
> enough, as
> well as other tweaks from the mythtv.org wiki on tweaking XvMC.

I have a GeForce 6200 as well, in my desktop machine, and I've never
gotten XvMC to work either.  I know the drivers are installed
correctly because 3D acceleration works.  But when I turn on XvMC,
CPU consumption doesn't go down and I still get a color OSD.

Has anyone actually gotten XvMC working on this card?