[mythtv-users] Adding PVR-500 to PVR-250 equipped primary backend

Josh White jaw1959 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 17:49:40 UTC 2007

I just added a PVR-500 to my mythtv backend server that already had a single
PVR-250 installed.  It does not appear that the backend is using the PVR-500
at all.  When I check the status through mythweb, it only shows 1 encoder
under "encoder status."  I went into the backend setup program, and I added
the two tuners from the PVR-500, and it seems they were detected correctly,
but when I turn the front end on, all I can use is my original PVR-250.  I
cannot record, and when I try to run another front end on another machine,
it tells me the encoder is busy.  Am I missing a step here?

Just to test, I opened 3 instances of VLC, and had each tuner displaying
simultaneously, on different channels, so I don't think I have a DMA
conflict or any other hardware issue.

I'm running Ubuntu 7.04 with the latest and greatest from the Ubuntu
repositories.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Josh