[mythtv-users] Closed Caption Problem

Jon Boehm boehm100 at comcast.net
Fri Oct 12 18:01:03 UTC 2007

> During playback, bring out the menu and you should move further down as
> there are a lot more choices there. I think its "Select VBI Option"

So I tried out VBI CC last night.  I found out that I had to enable VBI
in the general setting in mythtv-setup.  After restarting the backend,
VBI CC showed up as a menu option in the frontend and they do behave a
lot better than the other CC option.

But I ran into problems.  The frontend became unstable and crashed or I
was forced to kill it several times last night.  In addition with out CC
being displayed I got some VERY minor tearing during select high motion
scenes.

So I turned it off in mythtv-setup and rebooted.  I might try it again
another time.  It had been a while since I rebooted and I've messed with
a lot of stuff during that time.  It might not be VBI CC's fault.

Thanks,
Jon