[mythtv-users] Still no AC3 passthrough...

Greg Arena garena6 at comcast.net
Fri Oct 12 18:03:32 UTC 2007

	I posted yesterday with problems getting the AC3
passthrough to work. I was told that the driver for the SB Audigy
4 I had bought didn't support this. So after switching from the
SB Audigy 4 to a Turtle Beach Riviera card which I was told had
full support for this, I'm still stuck with the same problem: No
AC3 passthrough. Audio works fine for 2-channel output through
the SPDIF optical out for SD and HD broadcasts if I shut off AC3
passthrough in the setup. But otherwise, I still get silence or
static when I turn it on.
	Can somebody out there with a Turtle Beach Riviera (or
anybody using the snd_cmipci ALSA driver) offer any ideas? Or,
can you please send me your ALSA config files and tell me how you
have things set up in the "Audio" section of the front end's
general setup screen?
	As I said before, I've gone through all the howto's and
wiki's I can find, and none has been helpful.

Thank you,
Greg