[mythtv-users] Controlling a DirecTV D12-300 box with MyBlaster

David George david at thegeorges.us
Fri Oct 12 19:15:28 UTC 2007

On 10/12/2007 02:34 PM, JCA wrote:
>     Has anybody managed to control a DirecTV D12-300 box with
> MyBlaster? I tried to get MyBlaster to recognize it, but to no avail.
> The DirecTV people tell me that the IR code used for this box is the
> equivalent of S1377 on many universal type remotes, but I have no clue
> how to get MyBlaster to broadcast IR signals with that code, or even
> if it can.
>
>    Any help will be most appreciated.

Sorry, I don't know about the MyBlaster, but most people I have talked
to use the serial port to control the D12-300.  I have three of these
receivers myself and use serial control.  All you need on the D12-300
side is a usb-serial cable with Prolific pl2303 chipset (some others may
work, but this is one known to work).  Then use the directv3.pl script
to change channels.

Sorry I couldn't directly help with MyBlaster, but maybe this will help
if you want to try an alternate method.

--
David