[mythtv-users] Controlling a DirecTV D12-300 box with MyBlaster

Greg Lake greg12866 at nycap.rr.com
Fri Oct 12 19:29:49 UTC 2007

JCA wrote:
>     Has anybody managed to control a DirecTV D12-300 box with
> MyBlaster? I tried to get MyBlaster to recognize it, but to no avail.
> The DirecTV people tell me that the IR code used for this box is the
> equivalent of S1377 on many universal type remotes, but I have no clue
> how to get MyBlaster to broadcast IR signals with that code, or even
> if it can.
>
>    Any help will be most appreciated.

The author of the control script,post here most days.. I am sure he can
tell you what to do.. I will try to help as best as i can..
 Did you run  CodeSearch.pl ? If not that is the place you need to
start...If that works and shuts down your box then the script should
control your box...There is a few things that have to be changed in the
MyBlaster script also..You must make sure you have the right serial port
defined(it defaults to com2)...
Also place the code, that code search finds in the place where you find
this:$remote_code="277";  277 is my code for the 3250hd you would change
this value to what the search finds...  you also need to change the
device type:  Look for  $Device_Type="1"; for you change the 1 to a 3...
You also have to chmod them to 755...This allows them to execute...
Hope i didn't confuse you... I am sure the author can fix any
errors...Good luck