[mythtv-users] sAGA cONTINUES

David Brieck Jr. dbrieck at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 20:24:13 UTC 2007

On 10/12/07, David Brodbeck <gull at gull.us> wrote:

> On Oct 12, 2007, at 10:15 AM, chris at idlelion.net wrote:
>
> > The combination of 2.53GHz P4 CPU and GeForce 6200 video card
> > should be
> > enough to play back HDTV, but it's not quite fast enough.
> >
> > I am using the nVidia proprietary driver, and my distribution is
> > Fedora 7
> > and the ATRpms MythTV package.
> >
> > XvMC seems to be installed and not working, even though 3D is. I've
> > tried
> > Standard XvMC and Via XvMC playback, and neither is quite fast
> > enough, as
> > well as other tweaks from the mythtv.org wiki on tweaking XvMC.
>
> I have a GeForce 6200 as well, in my desktop machine, and I've never
> gotten XvMC to work either.  I know the drivers are installed
> correctly because 3D acceleration works.  But when I turn on XvMC,
> CPU consumption doesn't go down and I still get a color OSD.
>
> Has anyone actually gotten XvMC working on this card?

Did you guys happen to miss the first step to actually enable XvMC for
the Nvidia drivers?

http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/XvMC#Configuration

Add your XvMC library module name to the /etc/X11/XvMCConfig file,
creating a new one if necessary

   1. For binary Nvidia drivers, the contents of XvMCConfig should be
"libXvMCNVIDIA_dynamic.so.1"