[mythtv-users] Still no AC3 passthrough...

Scott list-mythtv at bluecamel.eml.cc
Fri Oct 12 22:24:25 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-10-12 at 16:56 -0400, Eric Smith wrote:
> On 10/12/07, Greg Arena <gma at gmadigitaldesign.com> wrote:

> This is not a fix all solution, but if you haven't you might want to
> try ignoring the .asoundrc for now and just entering ALSA:iec958 (or
> ALSA:spdif depending on your card) in myth as your passthrough device.
> If things need to be resampled this will not work, but in my case and
> at least for a few other folks, this works for most things.

Well, here is one more thing to try:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/225991#225991

I used the following settings to get AC3 working. See the post above to
understand how I arrived at these values. Also, at one time i did have
an SB Audigy 2 ZS installed. It worked fine with AC3 pass through for
me.

Audio output device:
"ALSA:iec958:CARD=0,AES0=0x6,AES1=0x82,AES2=0x0,AES3=0x2"

Passthrough output device: "Default"

Enable AC3 to SPDIF passthrough: [checked]

Enable DTS to SPDIF passthrough: [checked]

Aggressive Sound card Buffering: [not checked]

Use internal volume controls: [not checked]

--
Scott <list-mythtv at bluecamel.eml.cc>