[mythtv-users] Still no AC3 passthrough...

Henry A Harper III hah at alumni.rice.edu
Fri Oct 12 22:47:15 UTC 2007

> 	I un-muted the IEC958 Output in alsamixer. Until I did
> that, I was getting no audio at all. So that part appears to be
> correct - once I did that, I was able to get 2-channel audio
> working before I tried getting the pass-through to work again.
> 	I'd appreciate it if you could tell me what settings are
> working for you. I have a feeling I may have tried them already.
> I'm beginning to think the problem may be somewhere else because,
> as I said in another post, running "aplay -L" results in a
> segmentation fault and I did a lot of experimenting, upgrading
> ALSA, etc.

I'm not Darren, but I can't help but feel responsible for recommending the
Riviera. I currently don't have a .asoundrc at all, my myth (SVN trunk
14482) settings are:

Audio output device: ALSA:default
Passthrough output device: Default (not "default")
Enable AC3 to SPDIF passthrough: checked
Aggro sound buffering & use internal volume: not checked

In alsamixer all my "iec958" items are muted except for Output and 5V. My
"aplay -l" output is the same as yours, but I don't get a segfault with
"aplay -L" - I definitely would look into that. My ALSA version is
1.0.11rc2.