[mythtv-users] mythwelcome questions

Ma Begaj derliebegott at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 16:44:26 UTC 2007

> I have had problems with putting my M2NPV-VM based system into S3
> (suspend-to-ram) because when it wakes up it has a scrambled MAC
> address.  This results in DHCP granting it a dynamic IP address which
> messes up the MythTV connections.  I have yet to find a fix for my
> systems.
>
> This appears to be either a problem with ASUS motherboards or the
> forcedeth driver since I get the same kind of problems with an A8N-SLI
> motherboard, too.
>
> What do you use to put your system in S3 state and what do you do
> (if anything) to keep the MAC address sane?

I do not have any problems with MAC address and network.  I had a
problem that the box woke one second after going to sleep because of
loaded usb modules. I had to unload usb modules, stop lircd and LCDd,
unload lircd modules, run "sync" and ...

and after that I started with "echo mem >/sys/power/state". It worked,
but not always. Computer sometimes did woke up but it did not respond
any more and only reset button helped.

I compiled yesterday s2ram and it is more stable. I run "s2ram -f"
instead "echo mem..." and it is working much stable, but still not
always. It still sometimes stays unresponsive after waking up. I will
try to talk to s2ram devs about this.

You could try running "ifoncfig eth0 down" and unloading forcedeth
module before suspending and doing the same in the reverse order after
waking up.
I have M2N32-SLI with the same driver and I have no problems with MAC/ethernet.

Talking about M2NPV-VM... does surround sound work for you? As soon as
change in alsamixer "Channel" from 2ch to 6ch and change volume in
MythTv, sound dies ... only reloading sound module snd-hda-intel
helps.

M.