[mythtv-users] sAGA cONTINUES

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Sat Oct 13 17:22:03 UTC 2007

Joe Ripley wrote:
> On 10/12/07, Chris Schumann <chris at idlelion.net> wrote:
>> I just double-checked and it is present and that file does exist. I
>> rebooted to no effect. But I did capture the log while running MythTV
>> and found interesting information:
>
> I have a NVIDIA 6200 in my machine and XvMC works perfectly.  The
> contents of my XvmMCConfig file are as follows:
>
> # cat /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XvMCConfig
> /usr/X11R6/lib/libXvMCNVIDIA.so.100.14.11
>
> The symlink mentioned previously exists as well:
> (/usr/X11R6/lib/libXvMCNVIDIA_dynamic.so.1 ->
> libXvMCNVIDIA.so.100.14.11), however, I reference the actual library
> for good measure.
>
>> I feel like it's SO close, and thanks for the help so far. Any other
>> places to look or things to try?
>
> Make sure that when you run configure that you have the following enabled:
> --enable-xvmc-opengl
> --enable-opengl-video
> --enable-opengl-vsync
> --xvmc-lib=XvMCNVIDIA
>
> I have these options turned on and working with SVN release 14656.
> There was a bug that screwed up the playback profiles in some prior
> SVN releases (not sure which ones, but in the 145?? range).

Interesting that the responder's XvMCConfig is
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XvMCConfig.
That is not the correct spot for Fedora which uses /etc/X11/XvMCConfig
Make sure you are in the correct place for your distro.

In a prior post the OP listed a chunk of Xorg.0.log. It showed that the
system could not open Xvideo on screen 0:0.

That is not a myth related error, but more basic.

THAT sounds like the correct modules are not being loaded.

Quick check:  run glxgears and glxinfo.

Check your xorg.conf. In the Modules section you should have a list of
modules including at least extmod, glx and others. Check the wiki, My
Nvidia based box is at work and I cannot remember them all. At the least
you could list all those in /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions and
/usr/lib/xorg/modules/fonts as a good start. Then look at the Xorg.0.log
output to see what is being loaded or refused.

If you do not have xv, then xvmc will not load.

Geoff