[mythtv-users] Can't add new capture cards

Phil Bridges gravityhammer at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 18:33:38 UTC 2007

I had an issue with my capture cards not properly reporting (in
addition, I am adding an addition QAM card).  I deleted all of my
capture cards.

Now, for some reason, I can't add the new cards through mythtv-setup.
When I select "(New Capture Card)", I am taken to a black screen I
can't exit out of.  I directed the verbose output to a file, and the
last lines of the output were:

MSqlQuery: SELECT cardid, cardtype, videodevice FROM capturecard WHERE
hostname = 'homestar' AND parentid='0'

This was when I entered the mythtv-setup page; nothing outputted when
I selected "New Capture Card".

Any suggestions?