[mythtv-users] PLEASE HELP- Two problems with my mythbox mythdora4.0 & Leadtek Winfast DTV2000 H

doug brann dorsal_fin1 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 13 20:08:01 UTC 2007

Hi,

 I have MythDora4.0 running nearly perfectly from a clean install. Two problems remain:

 1. I can't seem to tune into analog tv. My Leadtek Winfast DTV2000 H is a dual analogue/digital card. In mythsetup

 I have analog configured:
 Card type: Analog V4L capture card
 Video device: /dev/video0
 VBI Device: /dev/vbi
 audio device: /dev/dsp
 audio sampling: none
 Default Television input: Television (no other options come up)
 Probed info: Winfast DTV 2000H [cx8800]

 I have the digital part configured:
 Card type: DVB DTV capture card (v3.x)
 DVB Card number: 0
 everything else set to default

 Ok, so when I scan for channels, I get all the digital ones, and all the analogue ones, but when I run mythtv, I can only tune to the digital ones. My remote (I use an ATI Remote Wonder, rather than the one that came with the card) skips past the analogue channels like they aren't there. I even tried kdetv to see if I had gotten something wrong with my mythsetup. It too found all the channels, but when I tuned to them, all I got was a blank screen. Could it be that I need to switch between digital and analogue somehow?

 My other problem is when I'm watching .avi files, my forward/backup keys don't work (pause and play do though). All the buttons work fine when watching a DVD, digital TV and ripped DVDs, but not when watching .avi files.

 Any ideas?

 Other possibly applicable info: my country setting is Australia, and yes, that's what my frequency table is set to.

 Thanks in advance,

 -Doug