[mythtv-users] sAGA cONTINUES [SOLVED]

Chris Schumann chris at idlelion.net
Sun Oct 14 11:05:40 UTC 2007

> From: "R. G. Newbury" <newbury at mandamus.org>
> Joe Ripley wrote:
>> >
>> > I have a NVIDIA 6200 in my machine and XvMC works perfectly.  The
>> > contents of my XvmMCConfig file are as follows:
>> >
>> > # cat /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XvMCConfig
>> > /usr/X11R6/lib/libXvMCNVIDIA.so.100.14.11
>> >
>> > The symlink mentioned previously exists as well:
>> > (/usr/X11R6/lib/libXvMCNVIDIA_dynamic.so.1 ->
>> > libXvMCNVIDIA.so.100.14.11), however, I reference the actual library
>> > for good measure.

>> > Make sure that when you run configure that you have the following enabled:
>> > --enable-xvmc-opengl
>> > --enable-opengl-video
>> > --enable-opengl-vsync
>> > --xvmc-lib=XvMCNVIDIA
>> >
>> > I have these options turned on and working with SVN release 14656.
>> > There was a bug that screwed up the playback profiles in some prior
>> > SVN releases (not sure which ones, but in the 145?? range).

I'm not using SVN, but the ATRpms binaries. I don't know what
configuration they use.

> Interesting that the responder's XvMCConfig is
> /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XvMCConfig.
> That is not the correct spot for Fedora which uses /etc/X11/XvMCConfig
> Make sure you are in the correct place for your distro.

> In a prior post the OP listed a chunk of Xorg.0.log. It showed that the
> system could not open Xvideo on screen 0:0.
>
> That is not a myth related error, but more basic.
>
> THAT sounds like the correct modules are not being loaded.
>
> Quick check:  run glxgears and glxinfo.

I think that was me.

> Check your xorg.conf. In the Modules section you should have a list of
> modules including at least extmod, glx and others. Check the wiki, My
> Nvidia based box is at work and I cannot remember them all. At the least
> you could list all those in /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions and
> /usr/lib/xorg/modules/fonts as a good start. Then look at the Xorg.0.log
> output to see what is being loaded or refused.
>
> If you do not have xv, then xvmc will not load.

That's the key. I had only glx in the modules section. Here's the whole
list now: glx, extmod, dbe, fbdevhw. I can watch HDTV with under 55% CPU
usage.

Thanks Geoff and all the rest for the tips.

Chris