[mythtv-users] Still no AC3 passthrough...

Greg Arena gma at gmadigitaldesign.com
Mon Oct 15 02:44:32 UTC 2007

There must have been something wrong with the ALSA setup that I
had on my RHEL5 installation. After installing MythDora 4.0, I
was able to get the AC3 passthrough to "just work". I can now
hear 5.1 audio on the HD channels at last through the Turtle
Beach Riviera card.

I still don't know what it could have been that screwed it all
up, but then again, I did a lot of tinkering on the RHEL5
installation to get acquainted with MythTV before I decided it
was good enough to take downstairs from my home office and hook
it up to my receiver & HDTV set. I could have messed things up a
month or two ago for all I know.

Thanks again to all who responded to my question!
Greg A.