[mythtv-users] Video Card Usage

Marc drayson at net1plus.com
Mon Oct 15 03:49:03 UTC 2007

> If I remember right, the old card I am going to use is a Gainward
> branded Geforce 2 with 64MB of ram (could be 32 though).  Would this be
> able to handle the decoding job?  I really do not want to leave it to
> the CPU.
>
> --
> Timothy M. Admire . Tel 707-529-4564 . tim.admire at gmail.com
>
> This message is confidential.
> This message sent via a Palm Treo Smartphone.

I haven't used a GeForce 2 for anything in years. I believe it is too slow
for Myth.
What type of CPU do you have?

This page on the Wiki http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Todd_Coffey says
he had a 1GHz AMD Duron with a Geforce2 MX400 and it was too slow.
May want to talk a look at a power powerful video card, I recommend a
GeForce 5700LE or higher myself.
You can pick up a 6200 card, for cheap if you know where to look.