[mythtv-users] Problems Trying to Tune BBC Four (UK)

Ian Barton lists at manor-farm.org
Mon Oct 15 08:17:39 UTC 2007

I have been trying to fix this problem for some time, but not really
made much progress. I am running MythTV from SVN, but this problem has
happened with all previous versions I have tried.

Symptoms: I can tune and watch all DVB channels correctly using
Kaffeine. I have generated a channels.conf using scan (Debian) and used
this to tune MythTV. However, no matter what I do Myth cannot tune to
some channels e.g. BBC Four and Five. Myth shows L_S and a high signal
(>90%), but won't lock.

I assume that I need to tweak the channel data manually, but can't find
out exactly what and where I need to tweak things. Looking at the
database BBC Four uses mplexid 4. I can see data about the mutliplex in
the dtv_multiplex table. However, how do I tweak settings for individual
channels, rather than the whole multiplex?

Ian.