[mythtv-users] PLEASE HELP- Two problems with my mythbox mythdora4.0 & Leadtek Winfast DTV2000 H

doug brann dorsal_fin1 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 15 09:56:12 UTC 2007

Hi Remcon,

When I use xine to play the .avi files, I can skip ahead and back up by using the arrow keys on my keyboard. I figure then, that this must be an .lircrc issue. I have no idea what I'm supposed to add to my .lircrc file to do the same thing from my remote.

Here is the .lirc file that installed automatically with MythDora4.0:

# ~/.mythtv/lircrc
#
# MythTV native LIRC config file for
# the ATI-Wonder Remote
# using lirc_atiusb driver
#

begin
prog = mythtv
button = a
config = E
repeat = 0
end

begin
prog = mythtv
button = A
config = E
repeat = 0
end

begin
prog = mythtv
button = b
config = O
repeat = 0
end

begin
prog = mythtv
button = B
config = O
repeat = 0
end

begin
prog = mythtv
button = B
config = O
repeat = 0
end

begin
prog = mythtv
button = stop
config = Esc
repeat = 0
end

begin
prog = mythtv
button = STOP
config = Esc
repeat = 0
end

begin
prog = mythtv
button = ffwd
config = Right
repeat = 0
end

begin
prog = mythtv
button = FORWARD
config = Right
repeat = 0
end

begin
prog = mythtv
button = rewind
config = Left
repeat = 0
end

begin
prog = mythtv
button = REWIND
config = Left
repeat = 0
end

begin
prog = mythtv
button = pause
config = P
repeat = 0
end

begin
prog = mythtv
button = PAUSE
config = P
repeat = 0
end

begin
prog = mythtv
button = play
config = P
repeat = 0
end

begin
prog = mythtv
button = PLAY
config = P
repeat = 0
end

begin
prog = mythtv
button = mute
config = |
repeat = 0
end

begin
prog = mythtv
button = MUTE
config = |
repeat = 0
end

begin
prog = mythtv
button = vol_down
config = F10
repeat = 0
end

begin
prog = mythtv
button = VOL_DOWN
config = F10
repeat = 0
end

begin
prog = mythtv
button = vol_up
config = F11
repeat = 0
end

begin
prog = mythtv
button = VOL_UP
config = F11
repeat = 0
end

begin
prog = mythtv
button = f
config = PgDown
repeat = 0
end

begin
prog = mythtv
button = F
config = PgDown
repeat = 0
end

begin
prog = mythtv
button = e
config = Esc
repeat = 0
end

begin
prog = mythtv
button = E
config = Esc
repeat = 0
end

begin
prog = mythtv
button = ch_up
config = Up
repeat = 0
end

begin
prog = mythtv
button = CH_UP
config = Up
repeat = 0
end

begin
prog = mythtv
button = ch_down
config = Down
repeat = 0
end

begin
prog = mythtv
button = CH_DOWN
config = Down
repeat = 0
end

begin
prog = mythtv
button = ok
config = Enter
repeat = 0
end

begin
prog = mythtv
button = OK
config = Enter
repeat = 0
end

begin
prog = mythtv
button = 1
config = 1
repeat = 0
end

begin
prog = mythtv
button = 2
config = 2
repeat = 0
end

begin
prog = mythtv
button = 3
config = 3
repeat = 0
end

begin
prog = mythtv
button = 4
config = 4
repeat = 0
end

begin
prog = mythtv
button = 5
config = 5
repeat = 0
end

begin
prog = mythtv
button = 6
config = 6
repeat = 0
end

begin
prog = mythtv
button = 7
config = 7
repeat = 0
end

begin
prog = mythtv
button = 8
config = 8
repeat = 0
end

begin
prog = mythtv
button = 9
config = 9
repeat = 0
end

begin
prog = mythtv
button = 0
config = 0
repeat = 0
end

begin
prog = mythtv
button = rec
config = R
repeat = 0
end

begin
prog = mythtv
button = RECORD
config = R
repeat = 0
end

# ~/.mythtv/lircrc
#
# MythTV native LIRC config file for
# the ATI-Wonder Remote
# using lirc_atiusb driver
#

begin
#Jumppoint for Program Guide created in Mythweb
    prog = mythtv
    button = TV
    config = !
end

begin
#Jumppoint for DVD playback created in Mythweb
    prog = mythtv
    button = DVD
    config = @
end

begin
    prog = mythtv
#Jumppoint for MythWeater created in Mythweb
    button = WEB
    config = #
end

begin
    prog = mythtv
#Jumppoint for MythVideo created in Mythweb
    button = BOOK
    config = $
end

begin
    prog = mythtv
#Jumppoint for MythWeater created in Mythweb
    button = HAND
    config = %
end

begin
    prog = mythtv
    button = MOUSE_UP
    config = Up
end

begin
    prog = mythtv
    button = MOUSE_DOWN
    config = Down
end

begin
    prog = mythtv
    button = MOUSE_LEFT
    config = Left
end

begin
    prog = mythtv
    button = MOUSE_RIGHT
    config = Right
end

begin
    prog = mythtv
    button = MOUSE_RIGHT_BTN
    config = Esc
end

begin
    prog = mythtv
# Enter button
    button = MOUSE_LEFT_BTN
    config = Return
end

begin
    prog = mythtv
    button = POWER
    config = Esc
end

begin
    prog = mythtv
# Enter button
    button = OK
    config = Return
end

begin
    prog = mythtv
    button = ARROW_UP
    config = Up
end

begin
    prog = mythtv
    button = ARROW_DOWN
    config = Down
end

begin
    prog = mythtv
    button = ARROW_LEFT
    config = Left
end

begin
    prog = mythtv
    button = ARROW_RIGHT
    config = Right
end

begin
    prog = mythtv
    button = D
    config = Esc
end

begin
prog = mythtv
button = CH_UP
config = Up
end

begin
prog = mythtv
button = CH_DOWN
config = Down
end

begin
  prog = mythtv
  button = VOL_DOWN
  repeat = 3
  config = F10
end

begin
  prog = mythtv
  button = VOL_UP
  repeat = 3
  config = F11
end

begin
    prog = mythtv
    button = MUTE
    config = |
end

begin
    prog = mythtv
    button = DVD_ROOTMENU
    config = M
end

begin
    prog = mythtv
# Enter button
    button = SETUP
    config = Return
end

begin
    prog = mythtv
    button = A
    config = S
end

begin
    prog = mythtv
    button = B
    config = I
end

begin
    prog = mythtv
    button = C
    config = T
end

begin
prog = mythtv
# Change focus for PiP (to change channel in the other window)
button = MAXAMIZE
config = B
end

begin
prog = mythtv
# Toggle PiP on/off
button = TV_ON_DEMAND
config = V
end

begin
    prog = mythtv
    button = BACK
    config = <
end

begin
    prog = mythtv
    button = NEXT
    config = >
end

begin
    prog = mythtv
    button = BACK
    config = Left
end

begin
    prog = mythtv
    button = NEXT
    config = Right
end

begin
prog = mythtv
button = RECORD
config = R
end

begin
prog = mythtv
button = STOP
config = Esc
end

begin
prog = mythtv
button = PLAY
config = P
end

begin
prog = mythtv
button = PAUSE
config = P
end

#Page Up/Down
begin
prog = mythtv
button = E
config = PgUp
end

begin
prog = mythtv
button = F
config = PgDown
end

begin
prog = mythtv
button = E
# Use for backwards commercial skip
config = Q
end

begin
prog = mythtv
button = F
# Use for forward commercial skip
config = Z
end

#Mplayer

begin
prog = mplayer
button = PLAY
config = pause
end

begin
prog = mplayer
button = PAUSE
config = pause
end

begin
prog = mplayer
button = STOP
config = quit
end

begin
prog = mplayer
button = POWER
config = quit
end

begin
prog = mplayer
button = D
config = quit
end

begin
prog = mplayer
button = MOUSE_RIGHT_BTN
config = quit
end

begin
prog = mplayer
button = MUTE
config = mute
end

begin
prog = mplayer
button = E
repeat = 0
config = seek -10
end

begin
prog = mplayer
button = F
repeat = 0
config = seek 10
end

begin
prog = mplayer
button = BACK
repeat = 0
config = seek -70
end

begin
prog = mplayer
button = NEXT
repeat = 0
config = seek 70
end

begin
prog = mplayer
button = VOL_DOWN
repeat = 0
config = volume -1
end

begin
prog = mplayer
button = VOL_UP
repeat = 0
config = volume 1
end

#Xine

begin
prog = xine
button = PLAY
config = Play
end

begin
prog = xine
button = PAUSE
config = PAUSE
end

begin
prog = xine
button = Mute
config = Mute
end

begin
prog = xine
button = STOP
config = Stop
end

begin
prog = xine
button = POWER
config = Quit
end

begin
prog = xine
button = D
config = quit
end

begin
prog = xine
button = MOUSE_RIGHT_BTN
config = quit
end

begin
prog = xine
button = ARROW_UP
repeat = 0
config = EventUp
end

begin
prog = xine
button = ARROW_DOWN
repeat = 0
config = EventDown
end

begin
prog = xine
button = ARROW_LEFT
repeat = 0
config = EventLeft
end

begin
prog = xine
button = ARROW_RIGHT
repeat = 0
config = EventRight
end

begin
prog = xine
button = OK
repeat = 0
config = EventSelect
end

begin
prog = xine
button = MOUSE_UP
repeat = 0
config = EventUp
end

begin
prog = xine
button = MOUSE_DOWN
repeat = 0
config = EventDown
end

begin
prog = xine
button = MOUSE_LEFT
repeat = 0
config = EventLeft
end

begin
prog = xine
button = MOUSE_RIGHT
repeat = 0
config = EventRight
end

begin
prog = xine
button = MOUSE_LEFT_BTN
repeat = 0
config = EventSelect
end

begin
prog = xine
button = DVD_ROOTMENU
repeat = 0
config = Menu
end

#vol down
begin
prog = xine
button = VOL_DOWN
repeat = 0
config = Volume-
end

#vol up
begin
prog = xine
button = VOL_UP
repeat = 0
config = Volume+
end

begin
prog = xine
button = TV_ON_DEMAND
repeat = 0
config = ZoomIn
end

begin
prog = xine
button = MAXAMIZE
repeat = 0
config = ZoomOut
end

#skip chapter forward
begin
prog = xine
button = NEXT
repeat = 0
config = EventNext
end

#skip chapter backward
begin
prog = xine
button = BACK
repeat = 0
config = EventPrior
end

begin
prog = xine
button = F
repeat = 0
config = SeekRelative+45
end

begin
prog = xine
button = E
repeat = 0
config = SeekRelative-45
end

Remco Treffkorn <remco at rvt.com> wrote: On Saturday 13 October 2007, doug brann wrote:
> Hi Brian and thanks for your prompt response.
>
> You're probably right, but I have no idea how to do what you suggest. It
> looks to me like the thing just flat can't find the analog channels. Even
> kdetv finds the channels on the scan, but won't display anything except a
> blank screen. Even static would be an improvement.
>
> Do you have any thoughts on what I'd need to add to my .lirc file to get
> xine to recognize my skip-ahead and rewind when playing .avi files?

Are you sure the files are indexed? When you play them with mplayer, can you
navigate?

If not, try avidemux to fix the index.

--
Remco Treffkorn (RT445)