[mythtv-users] ATI video card, which one?

Chris Ribe chrisribe at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 15:34:00 UTC 2007

On 10/15/07, Brett Kosinski <fancypantalons at gmail.com> wrote:

> > The frontend sports a 3.0Ghz EM64T P4, but has been unused since it had
> it's
> > faulty motherboard replaced w/ one that lacks an AGP slot to hold its
> former
> > nvidia GPU.  Anyhow, I know I am getting an ATI card because I want to
> > reward them for opening up their hardware.  I'm looking for
> recommendations
>
> It's a noble idea, but if you want an actually working system without
> a lot of headaches, you might want to hold off on that plan until the
> Xorg folks can actually make use of the technical data they've
> released to produce a working, high-quality driver.  Just MHO.

I'm willing to use the low quality driver for time being, as it should allow
me to at least watch my standard def recordings.  I currently have NO video
coming out of the computer, and I am not going to buy an nvidia card.  I'm
willing to spend $50 or $60 just to be able to see the desktop and SD
recordings now.

--
TV/IT Engineer
WCJB-TV Gainesville, FL