[mythtv-users] 1 CableDigital SD lineup available to use, multiple sources

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 16:17:07 UTC 2007

On 10/10/07, Michael Rice <mikerice1969 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/10/07, Daniel Arfsten <darfsten at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Right now it's very confussing using 1 lineup and
> > multiple sources. I may just have to bite the bullet and purchase  another
> > account from SD.
> >
> > My setup is as follows and I haven't gotten it straightened out
> > yet:
> > Master Backend
> > PVR-500 and Firewire pci card
> > -Firewire from SA 3250HD STB (1 CableDigital source from SD (53172) should
> > only have 8 channels)
> > -Analog Tuner (1 Cable lineup from SD with all channels)
> > -Analog Tuner (1 Cable lineup from SD with all channels)
> >
> > Slave Backend
> > PVR-350
> > -S-Video IN on PVR-350 from SA 3250HD (a 2nd STB) s-video out (A second
> > CableDigital source from SD (53172) should have ALL channels)
> >
> > Why would SD make it so that I can add up to 4 lineups but not use the same
> > one again so that I can remove channels that a particular tuner can't get???
>
> If the Firewire only has 8 channels, probably mostly local OTA
> channels, you might be able to use the "LocalBroadcast" Lineup in
> addition to your "Cable" and "CableDigital".
>
> You might find a similar lineup for a close by community you can use.
> Where I live there are two CableDigital lineups that have almost the
> same lineup.  Try some nearby zip codes and see if that's an option.

if the lineups are the same you can create different sources in
mythtv-setup that both pull the lineup from the same SD lineup and
then delete the channels that source shouldn't show in the channel
editor. For example, I have one SD lineup for my firewire connected
cable box and my QAM tuner cards. I have two sources setup, they both
look at the lineup but the QAM one has all the non-QAM channels
deleted from it so when I associate it with my QAM tuners Myth doesn't
think they can tune those channels when they can't.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!