[mythtv-users] LiveTV from capture card in SBE/FE is buffering like crazy!

Daniel Arfsten darfsten at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 15 19:50:46 UTC 2007

Specs:
MBE/FE
AsRock 775DUAL-VSTA
1.8 C2D
1.5gb DDR2 557mhz
GeForce 6200 128mb DDR Ram
PVR-350
17" Princeton Synergy714 LCD monitor, using vga out from 6200
17" Samsung? Widescreen HDTV using DVI out from 6200 with a vga adapter
because HDTV only doesn't have DVI.
Ubuntu Feisty running MythTv 20.2 from ubuntu repo's

SBE/FE
Dell Dimension 8200
2.4 P4
512mb RDRAM
GeForce MX440
Belkin F5D5070 usb wifi (using serialmonkey rt73 driver)
17" CRT Monitor
Ubuntu Gutsy with Mythbuntu Control Center (20.2 from Gusty Repo's)

When I try to watch livetv on the MFE and switch to another tuner (a tuner
on the SBE) it just buffers and pauses on and off like crazy. The SBE does
have a USB Wifi adapter, it is Wireless G and the Netgear Router is to.
Shouldn't Wireless G be able to handle Standard Definition TV? It's a
PVR-500 in the SBE that I am trying to view on the MFE because the tuner
within the MFE is constantly being used to record shows, so I need to access
another tuner which are both on the SBE.

Any thoughts that could help me but keeping in mind that I would like to
keep using the wireless G adapter that I have.

Daniel