[mythtv-users] Fluxbox:hide slit

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Oct 15 23:44:59 UTC 2007

On 10/15/2007 07:05 PM, Mitch Gore wrote:
> I am trying to switch to fluxbox.  I have got it installed on F7 and
> configured to start the FE on boot.  But I cant get the slit to hide.
> I have the init file conifgured for:
>
> session.screen0.slit.autoHide :  true
>
> When fluxbox loads i see its hidden but then when mythFE loads it pops
> back up.  If i move my mouse around it goes back to hide but once this
> is configure i wont have a keyboard or mouse connected.
>
> How can I fix this?  or better yet remove the slit.

Even with it hidden you still have a couple of pixels of "here is the
slit" over the height/width of the slit, which I find annoying.  So, I
completely hid it by not putting anything in the slit on my frontend
(and, I only have one screen and set the toolbar height to 0).  Works
great for a dedicated Myth frontend.

Unfortunately, I don't have any suggestions for you if you plan to use
the box for a computer, too, and want the "desktop" features.  You
could, though, use a complete and total hack, like:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/82722#82722 (but I'm
not suggesting it).

Mike