[mythtv-users] Recorded at a slightly higher pitch

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Oct 15 23:50:03 UTC 2007

On 10/15/2007 07:26 PM, Marc wrote:
> From: lanas
>> On Monday, 15 Oct 2007 12:07:22 -0400, "Michael T. Dean" wrote :
>>> You've probably turned on:
>>> Use video as timebase
>>> Use the video as the timebase and warp the audio to keep it in sync.
>>> (Experimental)
>>>
>>> Turn it back off.
>>>
>> I've switched it back off.  When I play the same recorded program, the
>> sound is the same, eg. high pitched.  I guess it will now work on next
>> recordings, so I'll try it out.  Thanks.

Actually, that setting affects only playback, so if it didn't fix it,
something else is (also) causing the problem (however, I /highly/
recommend you do not re-enable that option).  Perhaps you don't have
ALSA configured properly.  See
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Configuring_Digital_Sound (and it's
almost all relevant for someone using analog output, too).

> I would say that you might have playback set at something faster than 1.0..
> except for the fact that you say it happens with live tv too.

And the fact that Myth does pitch-correction when playing back at other
than 1.0x (so, in theory, it should sound pitch-correct, but faster/slower).

Mike