[mythtv-users] Problems with system-config-netboot Creating Diskless Myth Frontend

Taco Mel taco_mel at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 16 02:10:28 UTC 2007

Which machine are you running "system-config-netboot"
on? If you are running it from the same machine where
the NFS server is running (192.168.1.11), try setting
the IP to 127.0.0.1 in that GUI.  You might also find
it worthwhile to export the file system to all clients
until you have it working.  Some combination of this
got it to work for me, with similar flakiness in the
utility.

Note that even when you get this to work, you are not
done.  You will still probably need to modify your
initrd to include the mount.nfs program, and you may
also have a problem with /dev/console not being
created properly (hence you see nothing when booting).
 Eventually, I ended up editing "disklessrc" and
taking out everything related to the "snapshot" stuff.
 Granted you don't have the benefit of sharing files
between machines, but I found it much more simple.