[mythtv-users] 1 CableDigital Lineup available to chose but need 2 sources from it

Daniel Arfsten darfsten at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 16 13:42:47 UTC 2007

i have 1 lineup feeding data to 2 different sources, both are
cable but one
is SD and the other is HD.
Basically create 1 lineup with all the channels you can get.
Then attack all the sources to your analog card and run
mythfilldatabase.
Once all the sources have all the channels go back and delete
the channels
that each source cannot receive.
Then open the settings in your front end and add
--remove-new-channels as
the arguments to use when running mythfilldatabase.

Obviously this will not work if one of your sources is cable,
another is
OTA, and another is DirectTV. This only works if you have
multiple tuners
that can only receive specific channels from the same source
type.

Ok, but where do I delete channels that each source can't recieve?  I know
there's a channel editor in mythweb, is that where? Also, why does the
caching support wiki talk about removing channels from my SD lineup in
between assigning sources etc etc. I couldn't get that to work hence why I
am asking.

Also, for the guy that told me I can have up to 4 lineups, well thanks for
information I already knew. If you read my statement, it involves only being
ablte to chose 1 CableDigital lineup for my area (yes I have viewed
neighboring zip codes but the channels are different), I could create
another lineup but NOT using CableDigital which is what I need! One would be
for firewire channels only and hte other would be for s-video in on my
pvr-350 which is ALL channels.

Daniel