[mythtv-users] 1 CableDigital Lineup available to chose but need 2 sources from it

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Tue Oct 16 20:00:30 UTC 2007

On Oct 16, 2007, at 12:35 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> You're missing the distinction between a lineup and a video source.  A
> lineup exists at Schedules Direct/TMS.

Right.  And when I go to the Schedules Direct webpage, I have two
lineups listed -- one for each of my video sources.

> Your original statement (brought back from a previous post):
>
> On 10/16/2007 01:26 PM, David Brodbeck wrote:
>
>> I have two different lineups that
>> have overlapping channels, and the overlapped ones are only
>> downloaded once.
>
> Should have been:
>
> I have two different video sources that have overlapping channels,
> so I
> configured them to share the same SD lineup so the channels are only
> downloaded once.

But that's not what I did.  I created two lineups and associated one
with each video source.

Cut and paste from the SD webpage:

98032	Federal Way, US	Comcast	Cable
98032	Federal Way, US	Comcast - Digital	CableDigital

So I'm still confused.  I didn't follow the directions in the wiki --
I created two lineups, one for my "normal" analog tuner and one for
my digital cable STB, and then associated each with the proper tuner
and input.  And MythTV automatically started caching data from the
digital lineup to feed the analog one.

I feel like maybe we're arguing semantics, here.  Are you using some
definition of the word "lineup" that's different from what the SD
webpage and mythfilldatabase are using?