[mythtv-users] High xorg CPU usage when playing recording

Nick Owen nowen at wikidsystems.com
Wed Oct 17 12:29:58 UTC 2007

On 10/15/07, jgmtfia Mr <jgmtfia at gmail.com> wrote:
> > needed.
> > >
> > > I noticed no change in CPU usage after making the requested change.
> > > xorg still consumes all available CPU when bob deinterlacing is
> > > selected.
> > >

> > Is "OpenGL Vertical Sync for Timing" enabled?  I found that turning this off
> > dropped my xorg CPU usage considerably.
>
> In "nvidia-settings" it was enabled.  I disabled it and restarted the
> X server, no change, xorg still uses all available cpu.  So far the
> only thing that does not use all available CPU is not to use bob
> deinterlacing.  It is strange because I have used bob for over a year
> on this machine without problem.

I was having a similar problem.  I disabled cpuspeed and set acpi=off
in grub.conf and my X stopped freezing. (My box is a dedicated
mythbox, so this is ok with me, though not optimal.)

I still can't playback recordings though.  They start fine, but then
go to a pinkish fuzz pattern.
Do you get NVRM Xid errors in /var/log/messages:

Oct 16 22:59:06 myth kernel: NVRM: Xid (0001:0b): 13, 0000 01019700
00003497 00001808 00000000 00800000
Oct 16 22:59:06 myth kernel: NVRM: Xid (0001:0b): 30,  L1 -> L0

I'll try BOB and XvMC when I get home...

nick

--
Nick Owen
WiKID Systems, Inc.