[mythtv-users] High Volume during commercials

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Wed Oct 17 16:44:54 UTC 2007

On Oct 17, 2007, at 9:37 AM, Michael Wisniewski wrote:

> Well, thanks everybody for the feedback!  Since limiting the volume
> during commercials does sound a little more complicated, what about
> just going back to the topic of volume normalization?  I think that
> this would be fairly easy to implement, but just wondered if there was
> already a flag for this.

No, there is nothing in place that does this now. Seems to me the
easiest solution would be to add in something to the playback on the
frontend that says if you're between commercial flags (meaning,
during a commercial), set vol lower. No backend changes would be
necessary. Although, this would only work if you're not using audio
passthrough - which I am. I'm sure if you google around, you'll find
some software that will normalize volume on the command line and you
can add a user job to do it. I see a bunch of mp3's specifically that
could probably be tweaked to work on videos.