[mythtv-users] Recorded at a slightly higher pitch

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Wed Oct 17 16:56:37 UTC 2007

On Tue, Oct 16, 2007 at 05:44:14PM -0400, Daniel Nance wrote:
>    Yes. All settings covered in this thread where checked. The only thing I
>    haven't tried is the video4linux-ivtv drivers as there isn't a version
>    available for my kernel. All being said, that's the route I'll be taking.
>    It'll just involve compiling the driver myself or redoing my system with a
>    compatible kernel or just continuing to accept the higher pitched audio

Well, one possibility that I don't think we've *quite* covered is the
idea that something is *marking* that stream as having 48k audio, when
what's being sent and recorded is 44k1.

That would provide the symptom you're seeing.

The solution would be to figure out what's mislabeling the stored
stream, and fix that, but I'm not quite sure what that would be.

Hey, ya'll: is there any way to *just change the label* of the audio
sample rate in an MPEG2 file?

Cheers,
-- jra